[Openib-windows] Adding an environment variable for determining the initial CQ size

Tzachi Dar tzachid at mellanox.co.il
Thu Jul 13 04:41:08 PDT 2006

Fab,

We do plan to add resize CQ support but since it is quite a large  and
risky patch we prefer not to do that before the coming release.
The WSD provider implementation will open another CQ in case there is no
more place available and will not free the CQ if it is empty we may get
to a leakage scenario. A larger CQ helps to reduce this. There is no
limitation for large cluster other then this possible leakage.

Once again, we will defiantly add resize CQ to MTHCA but I doubt if it
will be ready for the coming release.

Each CQE entry is 32B. This mean that the memory allocated per CQ is 32
* 512 * 32 = 512KB