[Openib-windows] A problem in ib_close_al

Fabian Tillier ftillier at silverstorm.com
Mon Jul 24 18:10:36 PDT 2006

Hi again Leo,

On 7/23/06, Leonid Keller <leonid at mellanox.co.il> wrote:
> Hi Fab,
> Seems like I found the reason of the stuck on shutdown.
> Find attached 2 patches for problems, which I come across on during
> investigating of this case.
> Here are short description.
> 1. (a bug responsible for the stuck)
>        If a send MAD times out, it sends once more, so one can get 2
> responds for it.

I'm confused here - the code will retry a send only as many times as
specified by the retry_cnt field.  I don't see where the extra send
comes from.  Can you explain?

I do however see that a timeout of preceding send could result in a
retry, and two responses could be received before that send completes.
 This however seems extremely unlikely, and that is the only time that
the response MAD could be leaked.  It's not impossible, though, so the
check you suggest is correct - I've committed a similar fix in
revision 429.

Please let me know if this solves the leak or if there is still some
other issue.