[Openib-windows] RE: [openib-general] Get email notification to svn commit

Yossi Leybovich sleybo at mellanox.co.il
Sun Jun 4 01:24:53 PDT 2006

I found this in the SVN book: (subject hook-scripts)

post-commit
This is run after the transaction is committed, and a new revision is
created. Most people use this hook to send out descriptive emails about
the commit or to make a backup of the repository. The repository passes
two arguments to this program: the path to the repository, and the new
revision number that was created. The exit code of the program is
ignored.

The Subversion distribution includes mailer.py and commit-email.pl
scripts (located in the tools/hook-scripts/ directory of the Subversion
source tree) that can be used to send email with (and/or append to a log
file) a description of a given commit. This mail contains a list of the
paths that were changed, the log message attached to the commit, the
author and date of the commit, as well as a GNU diff-style display of
the changes made to the various versioned files as part of the commit.

Another useful tool provided by Subversion is the hot-backup.py script
(located in the tools/backup/ directory of the Subversion source tree).
This script performs hot backups of your Subversion repository (a
feature supported by the Berkeley DB database back-end), and can be used
to make a per-commit snapshot of your repository for archival or
emergency recovery purposes.

We need to edit this file on the CTC server and it generate emails upon
Commits .

10x
Yossi