[Openib-windows] WHQL signing and code churn

Jan Bottorff jbottorff at xsigo.com
Thu Jun 22 16:02:53 PDT 2006

> > In the future, as this is *not* a critical fix, please wait
> > for approval before checking in.
> After speaking with many people at the open IB community, it is hard
> tell for how long one should wait for approve before check-in. Many
> people have different opinions. However, all people agree that if one
> has to wait for two weeks for some response, this is about time moving
> the responsibility to a different maintainer.

My viewpoint from the sidelines is there is a LOT of code churn for a
product on the brink of WHQL signature. This might be an indication that
things are still pretty far from being signed, or it might be an
indication that changes unrelated to getting signed are being checked
in.

Fixing bugs and getting WHQL signature are both important goals, and
assume what's unclear is exactly WHICH bug fixes are critical to make it
into THIS release.

Do you have any sense of what the WHQL signed release schedule will be
like in the future? I can think of changes I would like to see, but also
believe they are too disruptive to even talk about until the next
release (like making things boot loaded, so we can have bootable IB
storage).

- Jan