[Openib-windows] RE: User verbs

Fabian Tillier ftillier at silverstorm.com
Tue Mar 7 10:51:25 PST 2006

On 3/7/06, Leonid Keller <leonid at mellanox.co.il> wrote:
> Looks OK.
> BTW, why don't you do the change for ci_call in the consistent way ?
>
> #define verbs_ci_call(h_ca, handle_array, num_handles, p_ci_op,
> p_umv_buf ) \
>        h_ca->obj.p_ci_ca->verbs.vendor_call( \
>                (p_umv_buf) ? h_ca->h_um_ca :
> h_ca->obj.p_ci_ca->h_ci_ca, \
>                handle_array, num_handles, p_ci_op, p_umv_buf )

I hate macros.  They are very difficult to debug - you end up unable
to do source level debugging because the line in the source actually
does something quite complicated that you can't step into or see
unless you go look at the assembly.  Inline functions are much better,
and I've been moving to these as I edit the file.  I haven't gone
through to move all of them because there are more important things to
do.

I think I'll change the other two that got modified from macros to
inline functions too.