[Openib-windows] post_send/post_recv return values

Yossi Leybovich sleybo at mellanox.co.il
Mon Mar 13 23:18:58 PST 2006

We need to add this to the documentation of the IBAL.
( Our verification team check the stack according to the documentation)
I will send patch for that.

> > Actually I prefer to remove all the over head of the error
> reporting
> > and just return invalid param for both (including SGE, WR
> list length
> > error and WR type error ) what do you think ?
>
> Are you still going to perform the checks?  If so, returning
> different error codes should add no overhead at all.  If you
> want to eliminate the checks that is another thing.

Again I was talking about the documantation.
Lets remove the need to report so many error types.

> If we transition some of these to assertions, we need to make
> sure to have runtime checks in the proxy or we'll have a
> security vulnerability.

I will check that after we will stabilize the code and tune for
performance.