[Openib-windows] annoying error message

Fabian Tillier ftillier at silverstorm.com
Tue Mar 21 09:54:35 PST 2006

Hi Leonid

On 3/21/06, Leonid Keller <leonid at mellanox.co.il> wrote:

> Hi Fab, i get always the following message
>

>     al_dev_close() !ERROR!: Client closed with a null open context .
>
> on the driver startup.
>
> Seems like it doesn't cause any problems.
>
> Why does it happen and could we eliminate this ?

This is harmless, and comes from the HCA driver resolving the IBAL
device object, which in the process creates a file, which is
subsequently closed.

I think the error message can (and should) be eliminated, as it is no
longer applicable - things changed enough in the proxy, with multiple
file objects per user, that the message doesn't make sense.  In any
case, it's certainly not an error (maybe a warning).