[Openib-windows] flint, mst, mread, mwrite, mtcr, and spark

Fab Tillier ftillier at silverstorm.com
Wed Mar 22 09:44:45 PST 2006

Hi Tzachi,

I noticed you checked in a lot of new tools - cool.

For flint, why didn't you just update the existing fwupdate tool (which is an
older version of flint)?  Do we want duplicate/parallel fwupdate utilities?

I understand flint is for HCA firmware update.  What are the other tools for?

Does the MTCR library work with the old, non-mapped configuration space (i.e.
through PCI bus configuration cycles), or does it only work with mapping the
configuration space?  Is the configuration space mapping fixed to address the
security issues I had previously reported?

A lot of the files have the wrong license - could you please update all files
with licenses to use the OpenIB license (preferably the Windows license, not the
dual BSD/GPL license)?

Until MTHCA is at a release quality level, will someone from Mellanox be
updating the existing HCA driver to make sure these tools continue working with
it?  If not, please do - the current HCA driver can't be orphaned like this.