[Openib-windows] RE: MTHCA driver changes

Leonid Keller leonid at mellanox.co.il
Sun Mar 26 02:44:06 PST 2006

It's up to you, how to use your precious time.

>I'd like to understand what kind of changes you will accept, and what
> kind are just a waste of my time in putting them together.

I'm open to any suggestions, but those, intended for increasing the
driver's  effectiveness, stability and functionality are superior wrt.
those, which just decrease the number of lines.

> How much are you planning on keeping this code a straight
> copy from the Linux project? Will you take and apply
> Windows-specific patches to make the code more streamlined
> and Windows oriented?
> You have your own:
> - time stamp abstraction (and ugly at that)
> - spinlock abstraction
> - wait_queue, semaphore, and mutex abstraction
> - types
> - memory abstraction
> - pci bus abstraction

These were/are not new abstractions, just a way to keep similarity to
Linux code for the time being for facilitating bugfix merges.
It was planned from the beginning to replace them gradually by Windows
code.