[Openib-windows] _send_mgr_filter_ip BUFFER_TOO_SHORT

Fabian Tillier ftillier at silverstorm.com
Thu May 11 16:01:36 PDT 2006

Hi Yossi,

On 5/9/06, Yossi Leybovich <sleybo at mellanox.co.il> wrote:

> Fab
>
> In the function __send_mgr_filter_ip in case you end with status
> BUFFER_TOO_SHORT
> I could not figure out how you cont. with the processing of the packet ?

The packet is completed with NDIS_BUFFER_TOO_SHORT error.
__send_mgr_filter_ip unwinds to __send_mgr_filter which unwinds to
__build_send_desc which unwinds to ipoib_port_send, where the status
is checked and the packet is discarded.

> I guess you assume that the ip header is in the first buffer or second buf
> but never split between the two buffers.
>
> Is this is your assumption ?

Yes, this is the assumption.  In my testing, I have never seen it
otherwise.  The first buffer, if it doesn't contain the IP header,
contains just the Ethernet header.