[Openib-windows] [IBAL][Patch] reference counter for IOC obj in IOC PnP manager

Fabian Tillier ftillier.sst at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 23:20:17 PST 2006

Hi Yossi,

On 11/17/06, Yossi Leybovich <sleybo at mellanox.co.il> wrote:

> 2. When connecting SRP target to 2 HCA on the same host.
> The PnP events use the IOC GUID as key to insert/remove from the
> context_map.
> In case we use the same SRP target with the 2 HCAs they both have same
> key.
>
> I change the context_map to use 128 bit key ( and not 64bit key)
> The key is construct from IOC GUID and CA GUID
> This change effect also the port events and the CA events.

Using the CA GUID to store the distinct IOU/IOC objects in the IOC PnP
manager's tables is fine.  However, using different unique IDs for the
devices when reporting them to the system is not - it is a single
device.  The location information is different, but it is the same
device.  Thus, I think the unique ID for the IOC should still be the
IOC GUID alone, and not concatenated with the CA GUID.

When you plug in a USB device into multiple ports on your computer,
does that hub show up multiple times in the device manager?  Does it
have different unique IDs?