[Openib-windows] [IBAL][Patch] reference counter for IOC obj in IOC PnP manager

Yossi Leybovich sleybo at mellanox.co.il
Wed Nov 22 00:21:33 PST 2006

Windows refuse to create 2 SRP devices with the same unique ID , at
least that what I get when trying to do so.
You can see that the IOU device use 128 bits of unique ID (I just copy
the code from the IOU unique ID) although it's the same IOU node in the
both HCAs.
We can change that (and we discuss that in the past ) but right now we
create IOU device as the HCA son and the IOC is the son of the IOU .
So the ibiou (of each HCA ) try to create SRP with the same unique ID.
If we will create the IOC in the systems level (without IOU device ) we
can create only one IOC for all HCA that connect to the same target.
This will also require some changes in the SRP driver to add it ability
to switch from HCA to HCA and it will save the needs for MPIO DDK driver

What do you think ?

> When you plug in a USB device into multiple ports on your
> computer, does that hub show up multiple times in the device
> manager?  Does it have different unique IDs?

I don't know about USB but, I got an error when trying to use the IOC
guid as unique ID ( and see also the IOU unique ID which is 128 bits)