[Openib-windows] [IBAL][Patch] reference counter for IOC obj in IOC PnP manager

Fabian Tillier ftillier.sst at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 20:55:03 PST 2006

Hi Yossi,

On 11/1/06, Yossi Leybovich <sleybo at mellanox.co.il> wrote:
> I am also encountering case when ioc_async_cb was called when query_cnt
> != 0 , I am trying to solve this problem I hope it will solve also the
> ref_cnt problem .

I think these are two different problems.  The problem you are
encountering is likely due to the timer firing while queries are
outstanding.  The only case where this could happen that I can think
of is on a PORT_UP event (where the timer is set again).  Otherwise,
the timer doesn't get sent until the sweep is complete.

The problem Alex reported has to deal with PORT_DOWN, where the IOC
and IOU map is cleaned up immediately, even if there are outstanding
MADs.  In general, it's good practice to reference count structures
when they will be used as the context for a callback.

It probably makes sense to apply Alex's changes, and then whatever
other changes you need to prevent concurrent sweeps.