[Openib-windows] Added ability to change IPoIB mtu size

Fabian Tillier ftillier.sst at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 15:23:47 PST 2006

Hi folks,

On 11/29/06, Yossi Leybovich <sleybo at dev.mellanox.co.il> wrote:

> [...]

I don't see a problem with having settings that are required for the
driver to load.  There are several of these already.  The problem with
adding new required parameters is that you can't simply update the
driver file for the device (via xcopy), you have to actually update
the driver using the updated INF.  This is tedious to do manually, but
there are ways to do automate it.

In the DDK is a tool, devcon, that lets you update devices from the
command line.  All you need to do is stage the new INF and binary
files, and then run devcon using the following command line as a
template.

devcon update <path to netipoib.inf file> IBA\IPoIB

This command will update all IPoIB instances on a machine.