[Openib-windows] SRP Event / Debug messages

Tzachi Dar tzachid at mellanox.co.il
Tue Oct 24 13:39:16 PDT 2006

Hi,

SRP traces don't go to a file directly. Instead we are using two windows
standard mechanisms: If the file that you are using is a chk build, than
you should have a tool that is called debug-view. Once you run this tool
all the output will be showed there. In order to control the log there
are two things to watch: the level and the flags. This are the two
variables that decide which lines will be printed and which will not.
They can be configured in the registry under hklm\system\current control
set\services\srp\DebugLevel and DebugFlags. Once you change then you
have to restart the SRP driver so things will take effect. If you don't
want to change the registry, you can change the default value in the
code srp_driver line 56. Please note that by default only errors will be
printed.
You can download debugview from
http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/DebugView.html (no royalties).

A different option that you have is to use free builds and than use WPP
tracing. This is more complicated to start with, and there is also a
need to download some tools from MS. If you want to go in this
direction, you need to download the DDK from MS (without fee) and use
traceview.exe to watch the logs. The DDK contains a lot of information
about how to use it.

Since I believe that you compile and install the driver yourself you
should be able to follow option #1 easily.

Please let me know if I wasn't clear enough.