[Openib-windows] File transfer performance options

Paul Baxter paul.baxter at dsl.pipex.com
Wed Sep 6 11:42:24 PDT 2006

Lots of good advice and info snipped for brevity, but thanks Fab!

> Anyhow, using SRP will likely require a cluster file system of some
> sort if you plan on having multiple hosts share the target.  This adds
> another dimension as cluster file systems can depend on specific HBA
> functionality which may or may not exist in various SRP target
> implementations.

We have a single windows application wanting to read from four independent
Linux nodes each with their RAID array available to the windows app.

Hopefully this means I shouldn't need a cluster file system.

I'm not sure whether this makes the windows machine the SRP initiator and
the four Linux nodes SRP targets or vice versa.

Pointers to SRP documentation gratefully received.

Paul Baxter