[Openib-windows] File transfer performance options

Mirko Benz mirko.benz at xiranet.com
Thu Sep 7 01:07:15 PDT 2006

IB/SRP is block level storage like iSCSI and FC. A storage system can
export multiple volumes.
However, every exported volume can only be exclusively used by an
initiator (server accessing the storage) unless you use a cluster file
system.

If you need to access the same volume from multiple initiators at the
same time SRP is not an option. NFS o IB would be – but there are no
Windows clients available.

CIFS over SDP might be doable and could provide the performance and NAS
style you may need.
But I don't know if this is possible right now.

Q: Is it possible to configure SDP to intercept kernel TCP sessions from
the Windows SMB client?

Regards,
Mirko Benz