[Openib-windows] General questions - New to Windows IB

Andre Karobkoff andre at ciprico.com
Tue Sep 19 16:01:48 PDT 2006

Dear list members,

I have worked with Infiniband (Mellanox) in the Linux environment for about
a year now.  New to the Windows IB world and I have setup a Windows 2003
server station with a Mellanox MHEL-CF128-T HCA.  Drivers are installed and
the Windows box is "talking" to my attached storage, thru a switch, and
finally thru a Linux Target box running IBGD-1.8.2 srpt software from
Mellanox.

Now that general setup is out of the way, the questions:

Why does this link not work svn://windows.openib.org/svn Has the source code
been moved to another location?

Now in regards to performance - In the linux environment, on the
host/initiator there were numerous parameters that could be toyed with to
boost performance.  Specifically, there is a parameter called
max_xfer_sectors_per_io in a file called modprobe-openib.conf.  By changing
the value of this parameter, performance via srp to srpt and finally to
disks could go up and down dramatically.

These are a few examples of things I am looking into finding out about with
Windows IB.

Thanks in advance for any and all assistance.

Andre N. Karobkoff
Software Engineer/Analyst
CIPRICO Inc.
30851 Agoura Road, Suite 207