[ofw] Ibinstaller.cpp - ideas why SetupDiInstallDevice() would fail& crash IA64 win2k system?

Smith, Stan stan.smith at intel.com
Thu Aug 16 09:29:26 PDT 2007

Thank you to all who responded.

Tzachi Dar responded earlier this week and I sent him relevant trace
information; see enclosed email.

I was initially incorrect in my assessment of the failing component, the
real offender is
ibbus!ib_fixup_ca_attr() as it casts a (uchar*) into a struct pointer
which is unaligned for IA64 - KaBoom!

Waiting to hear from Tzachi on resolution or additional debug info.

The openib-windows IA64 driver install failure count is now 4 out of 4
attempts; the gentleman who thought he installed WinOF on IA64,
uninstalled, reinstalled and stepped into the same ibbus crash.
crash; WinOF is not the culprit.

Stan.