[ofw] udapl for windows

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Mon Dec 10 10:47:50 PST 2007

>Well, without rdma_cm in WinOF I have few options. Does someone
>wish to commit to rdma_cm in WinOF by next release? Are you
>volunteering?

This is a question of how much proprietary protocol uDAPL needs to define.

The RDMA CM provides IP -> GID mapping, path record lookup, and connection
establishment.  There's not a strict requirement on how the IP -> GID mapping is
obtained.  Linux uses ARP, but Windows could config files, ATS, or exchange that
data using a service running over sockets.  (I've been thinking about the latter
as a solution to working across IB routers.)  uDAPL could use the same PR lookup
and IB CM mechanisms that it uses today.  The only requirement is that the
private data and SID should match a specific format.

I don't know if the Windows IB CM allows matching connections based on private
data content or operates only on the SID, so there may be different restrictions
between Linux and Windows trying to simulate listening on specific IP addresses.