[ofw] WinOF 1.0.1 questions

Smith, Stan stan.smith at intel.com
Thu Dec 13 11:09:55 PST 2007

________________________________

From: ofw-bounces at lists.openfabrics.org
[mailto:ofw-bounces at lists.openfabrics.org] On Behalf Of Sufficool,
Stanley
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2007 10:38 AM
To: ofw at lists.openfabrics.org
Subject: [ofw] WinOF 1.0.1 questions

Downloaded WinOF 1.0.1 from openfabrics.org, had the following
questions.

1) The x64 installation is being placed in Program Files(x86) virtual
machine. I'm guessing this would indicate that the installer (WIX) it is
a 32bit native binary or part of the code is 32bit. Is this expected?
Contrary to WIX 2.0 documentation, the Windows Installer WIX tag
'ProgramFiles64' results in the path '\Program Files (x86)'?
Believe me, I tried numerous approaches to get the x64 binaries into
'\Program Files' where I believe they belong on 64-bit machines.
Ongoing story...

2) The SRP initiator inf and sys files are in seperate locations, this
requires the user to browse for the sys file. Should the INF be updated,
or the sys file moved?
SRP maintainers did not follow suit with WHQL changes to IBCore\ and
net\ .inf locations. I'm not a maintainer of SRP and with no way to test
changes, I was reluctant to touch any SRP structure. Possibly the SRP
maintainer(s) will step up and fix this?

3) Can the x64, ia64 and x86 WIX packages be available for seperate
downloads instead of in a single Zip file?
Is ~15 MB vs. ~5 MB really that big of a deal?
If the hue & cry from the community lobbies for a change, it can happen.
So far you're the 1st.

stan.