[ofw] Is Gen1 is the latest code for Windows

Hal Rosenstock hrosenstock at xsigo.com
Thu Dec 13 13:19:33 PST 2007

On Thu, 2007-12-13 at 10:48 +0200, Leonid Keller wrote:
> It's Linux IB stack history: first they have gen1 stack, which was
> mostly based on Mellanox (VAPI) code,

There were other gen1s like Intel's IBAL.

>  them they have completely re-developed it  - it was called gen2. Our
> (Windows) low-level drivers in gen1 are based on the Linux gen2 ones.

Are they ? I thought there was no code sharing between Linux gen2 and
Windows (other than most of OpenSM).

I also was under the impression that the basis of IB for Windows was
IBAL and most was similar to gen1 Intel but I could be mistaken.

As to interoperation with Linux that's a different matter and
independent of gen1/gen2.

-- Hal