[ofw] WinOF SDK

Smith, Stan stan.smith at intel.com
Tue Dec 18 15:17:40 PST 2007

frank zago wrote:
> Hi Stan,
>
>> If required I can supply you with a current head-of-svn-tree .msi
>> installer which contains the IBSDK, provided you will provide
>> feedback as to how it may be improved.
>>
> I eventually managed to build the msi. I don't know what shell you are
> using, but neither the standard shell or the power shell were working
> (on XP SP2, 32 bits).
>   - in BuildRelease.bat, the "timeout" command does not exists,
>   - I had to move the path to the VC SDK so it doesn't contains space
> and fix the quotes around %_PSDK%
>
> After these fixes, everthing compiled, and I installed the generated
> MSI. Everything looked ok.

Glad to hear you were able to generate an installer.
Win2K3 or Win2K8 are the only build systems I've tested; hence the
timeout command.
Send patches or modified files and I'll see if I can make your mods work
for Win2k3.

> I have 2 small remarks:
> - why install the SDK in C:\IBSDK and not in the winof directory ?

Spaces in 'Program Files (x86)' path cause all sort of grief with the
DDK build env.
Would have preferred 'WinOF\', although after fighting this for a couple
of days the path of least resistance started looking favorable.

> - why not name the include directory Inc\ instead of Include\ ?

You have an early version of the SDK; current is in svn 923.
Include\ was renamed to Inc\.
No spaces in SDK paths.
Docs improved.

Stan.