[ofw] OpenFabrics Windows Release 1.0

Smith, Stan stan.smith at intel.com
Wed Mar 28 10:58:57 PDT 2007

Erez,
  I realize you have been busy in WHQL adventures and building
openib-windows binary release 1.0.0.614.  Although, when you are elected
as a release coordinator one of the expectations is to communicate
effectively with those you are working with you. It's been 4 weeks of no
communication?

In light of no communication, I'm compelled to push forward and keep the
ball rolling in the spirit of an open source project. To that end,
please review the proposed (x64) installation Bill-Of-Materials. I would
envision other architectures would install the same format with the
obvious architectural differences.

Preliminary versions of Manual.htm and Release_Notes.htm will be
available for community refinement later this week.

Given this is a 1st attempt at an OFW release, it will have rough spots,
although it will be functional and correct.

In the spirit of an open source project, those interested _and_ willing
to participate in the building, refining and testing of the OpenFabrics
Windows Release 1.0, please jump in.

Thanks,

Stan.

BOM (Bill of Materials) OpenFabrics Windows Release 1.0	(x64)

Binaries from http://openib.tc.cornell.edu/downloads/binaries/1.0.0.614/

HCA firmware management tools omitted as they are vendor specific and
available
from the respective vendors.

Where/what files are installed from a single file installer
(OpenFabricsWindows_x64.exe)

Start->Program Files->OpenFabrics Alliance->OpenFabrics Windows\

	Manual		# user mode command descriptions
	Release Notes	# install instructions & requirements
	Command Window	#<shortcut> - cmd.exe starts in \Program
Files\OpenFabrics Windows
				# provide a convenient path & execution
environment for users.

%SystemDrive%\Program Files\OpenFabrics Windows\

	Manual.htm
	Release_Notes.htm
	Command Window
	openfabrics.gif
	openfabrics.ico

	# user-mode: IB Access Layer & Compatibility Libs - required by
user-mode executables
	ibal.dll
	complib.dll

	#  DAPL files