[ofw] some WinOF questions

Diego Guella diego.guella at sircomtech.com
Wed Nov 7 01:15:30 PST 2007

Sean, Stanley, Tzachi, thanks for your answers.

I had downloaded WinIB 1.3 from Mellanox website, and installed on my Dell
Dimension 9100 with a MHES14-XTC and Windows XP.
I powered up my Dell PowerEdge 2850 with a MHGA28-XTC, SUSE 9.3 and OFED 1.1
(including OpenSM).
The two systems are connected back-to-back each other.

After configuring the IP addresses, IPoIB works fine (tried ping, VNC).

I then uninstalled WinIB and installed WinOF 1.0: same situation, IPoIB
works fine as before.
However, in WinIB 1.3 installation there were two options that are missing
in WinOF 1.0: for installing SDP and for install SDK.

My next step is to write a simple benchmark program that sends some data in
both directions.
I would try it using IPoIB and SDP.
In WinIB 1.3 there were a "SDP" directory in the WinIB installation dir, a
README instructing how to make a program use SDP.
These are missing in WinOF, so it seems SDP is not present.

Am I wrong? Is there some way I can use SDP in WinOF? How can I do that?

Thanks,
Diego