[ofw] Re: Completion with bad status: IBV_WC_EXC_RETRY_EXC_ERROR

Fab Tillier ftillier at windows.microsoft.com
Wed Nov 21 09:14:00 PST 2007

Hi Diego,

It sounds like you're still having a QP configuration issue, and that you're not yet at the point where RDMA operations would work.  Have you tried send/receive operations to isolate potential rkey issues?  I suspect these won't work either.

My current theory is an endianess issue somewhere in your application.  If you look at the ib_qp_mod_t structure in ib_types.h, the structure used as input to the ib_modify_qp function, you will see many fields as 'ib_net32'.  These are fields that are treated in network order by the drivers, and the 'ib_netxx' types (or simply 'netxx') are used to identify which fields are network order vs. host order.

Here's the list of fields that you need to treat in network order on Windows.  I don't know how they're handled in Linux:
->INIT: qkey
->RTR: rq_psn, dest_qp, primary_av.dlid
->RTS: sq_psn

It sounds like you have the DLID issue handled correctly, but do you set the destination QP and PSNs properly?

-Fab