[ofw] WinOF interoperable with Linux OpenIB

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Wed Oct 10 23:24:40 PDT 2007

As far as I know, the RDMA CM protocol, which is used by the Linux DAPL, is not
implemented for Windows.

You may be able to link the systems by going directly to the IB CM and verbs, or
using verbs and exchanging QP information over sockets.

- Sean

We would like to link a Windows machine to a Linux machine with InfiniBand and
use DAPL.  IPoIB is not fast enough.   On the Linux side we have OFED 1.2 with
RHEL 5.1.    I am new to OpenIB but I hear that Windows would have a problem
with RDMA cm.   Can anyone give me some high level advice before I get the
hardware?   The Windows machine will be Windows 2003 R2 with Mellonox SDR card.

Thank you.

Greg Rodgers