[ofw] WIX installer questions concerning ConnectX driver install

Leonid Keller leonid at mellanox.co.il
Tue Apr 1 01:52:47 PDT 2008

See below

Has to, not checked yet

> 2) In the case where only connectX hardware is present, how
> does the IB bus driver get loaded?
>    Same method used by mthca?
>    Is the IB bus driver the same for ConnectX & mthca?
	yes, all the same

> 3) Due to the addition of the ConnectX driver, I'm
> considering separating the WinOF
>    installed IB bus driver files into a separate folder in
> order to make dpinst.exe happy.
>    connectX\
>    mthca\
>    ibbus\
>    Do you foresee any problems with this approach?
Maybe on Longhorn.

> 4) What is the list of required files for installing a
> ConnectX driver?

As for now:

  MLX4_BUS
	mlx4_bus.inf
	mlx4_bus.cdf
	mlx4_bus.sys
	WdfCoInstaller01005.dll

  MLX4_HCA
	mlx4_hca.inf
	mlx4_hca.cdf
	mlx4_hca.sys
	mlx4u.dll
	mlx4ud.dll		// debug version
	mlx4_hca32.cdf	// 32-bit binaries for x64 platform
	mlx4u32.dll		// 32-bit binaries for x64 platform
	mlx4u32d.dll	// 32-bit binaries for x64 platform