[ofw] [RFC] breaking userspace ABI

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Mon Apr 21 16:48:46 PDT 2008

I wanted to make sure that anyone following WinOF is aware that there is a
proposal to break userspace binary compatibility as part of a fix for __ptr64
issues.  (For details of the fix, please see the mail list archives.)

The proposed changes would require applications to recompile to work with the
newest WinOF libraries.  (Under most circumstances, I would expect a simple
recompile to be sufficient for updating an app.)

If anyone has any objections, please raise them immediately.  (Note, I'm only
the messenger here.)