[ofw] RE: MLX4 restructured

Leonid Keller leonid at mellanox.co.il
Mon Apr 28 05:03:09 PDT 2008

Hello Stan,
see inline

________________________________

	From: Smith, Stan [mailto:stan.smith at intel.com]
	Sent: Sunday, April 27, 2008 9:46 PM
	To: Leonid Keller
	Cc: ofw at lists.openfabrics.org
	Subject: RE: MLX4 restructured

	Hello Leonid,
	  Please see inline comments.

________________________________

	From: Leonid Keller [mailto:leonid at mellanox.co.il]
	Sent: Sunday, April 27, 2008 9:59 AM
	To: Smith, Stan
	Cc: ofw at lists.openfabrics.org
	Subject: MLX4 restructured

	Hi Stan,
	I've restructured MLX4 for the sake of future MLX4 developments.
	All the changes were only related to the changed place of a file
in the tree.
	No new files, no deleted files. No changes in the executables.
	Please, check, whether these changes require some changes in
your installation process.
	Any questions are welcome.

	You are speaking of the ConnectX branch  gen1\branches\ConnectX
?
	[Leonid Keller] yes, more exactly gen1\branches\ConnectX\hw\mlx4

	What exactly are the changes?
	[Leonid Keller] the directory structures of mlx4\kernel and
mlx4\user have changed.
	More detailed:

	    The contents of mlx4\user was moved to mlx4\user\hca
	    All 4 subdirectories of mlx4_bus driver have been put under
one directory mlx4\kernel\bus.

	If there are no bug fixes, why inject restructuring changes now
when WinOF 1.1 is slated to be released on Wednesday?
	[Leonid Keller] I hope, it doesn't create you serious problems.
The same executables are created and put at the same place.
	The possible changes, i expect, could be with mlx4_bus.inf/cdf
files, which are now found under mlx4\kernel\bus\drv (instead of
mlx4\kernel\bus)

	At this point in time I will not be able to implement any
changes other than bug fixes.
	[Leonid Keller] There were some important bugfixes after RC1,
before and after this restructuring patch.

	Will look into the matter after the WinOF 1.1 release.

	stan.

	Thank you in advance.

	NB. I've used a quick way of replacing the tree (instead of
step-by-step changing).
	It has that drawback of loosing the history, but at this stage
the history is not that important.