[ofw] ConnectX functionality is completely broken

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Fri Aug 1 14:34:19 PDT 2008

>However. the ports on the HCAs do not show link up or active.  The
>ports are connected to an SDR switch, but I get the same result
>directly connecting to another HCA or looping the HCA back to itself.
>I will try again with SVN rev 1421 to see if the changes since then are
>causing this issue, or if this is some sort of installation issue.  I'm
>installing the drivers on Server 2003 using the PnP Found New Hardware
>Wizard.

I think there's some sort of issue with the QDR Connect-X adapters.  I
could not get the link active unless I connected the port to another QDR
port.  I swapped the rev X4 QDR card that I had for an older rev X3 DDR
card, and was able to install the IPoIB stack (SVN 1440ish + Leonid's
patch) and run some userspace IBAL tests.

One other issue that I noticed was that the mlx4_hca driver installs
under its own class.  This should be changed:

Class=InfiniBandHca (or InfiniBandController to make 2008 happy)
ClassGUID={58517E00-D3CF-40c9-A679-CEE5752F4491}

This will give it the same class as mthca.  I will submit a patch for
this, but I need to update my repository to the head of the svn tree
first.  I vaguely recall seeing some recent changes to replace inf files
with inx files.