[ofw] ibbus @ svn.1516 has been restored with omitted commits from svn.1499

Anatoly Greenblatt anatolyg at voltaire.com
Tue Aug 26 13:24:59 PDT 2008

Stan,

I was wondering why did you make ibbus a filter? Is it for a case where its services are not required, do you see any installation that works w/o ibbus?
I'd rather make it some sort of a framework library that all hca drivers link to. There are many examples of device classes that use such frameworks - ndis, streaming class, av or ks, storage ports, This way there would be less devices in the stack, less installation complexity and no money spent on extra whql certification for filter driver.

Regards,
Anatoly.