[ofw] RE: porting IB management code to Windows

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Mon Dec 15 11:08:44 PST 2008

>> We've started porting the IB management code (IB-diags at this point) to
>> Windows.  My strong preference is to avoid branching the code and instead
>keep a
>> single source code tree.  Is there any objection to accepting changes against
>> the management tree to allow the code to run on both Linux and Windows?
>
>Basically I have no objections against porting changes. And I also would
>prefer to keep a single code base.
>
>However, I would prefer to minimize amount of needed changes and would
>really prefer to not get a lot of limitations in using modern C. I will
>comment inline in the patch example below.

As long as we have agreement to work towards a single code base, we can be
flexible on the changes.  I built the code by dropping it into the Windows build
tree and using the WDK build environment.  There's not a strong reason to
require building using the WDK, so I'll look at alternatives to building the
diag code on Windows.