[ofw] ***SPAM*** IOC related IOCTLS in IBAL

Deepak Gupta deepak.gupta at qlogic.com
Wed Dec 17 07:25:35 PST 2008

Hi,

I can see some IOC related IOCTLS in IBAL (al.h)

typedef enum _al_ioc_ops
{
    al_ioc_ops_start = al_subnet_maxops,

    ual_create_ioc_cmd = al_ioc_ops_start + 1,
    ual_destroy_ioc_cmd,
    ual_reg_ioc_cmd,
    ual_reject_ioc_cmd,
    ual_add_svc_entry_cmd,
    ual_remove_svc_entry_cmd,
    ual_req_create_pdo,
    ual_req_remove_pdo,
    al_ioc_maxops,

}    al_ioc_ops_t

I can see only two ioc operations "ual_req_create_pdo"and
"ual_req_remove_pdo" are implemented for child device creations given a pkey
array.

What about other ioc operations in the enumeration.
And are they to be implemented in future?
What do all other "al_ioc_ops_t" means (like ual_create_ioc_cmd, etc) ?

I am working on VNIC in which I want to created vnic interfaces independent
of the number of IOCs reachable from the host.
But for that I need to create physical device objects on which vnic will
work.

So I was just browsing through winof's core code to get a sense that if I
can do child device creations through some IOCTLs.

Can any one throw some light on other "al_ioc_ops_t" ioctls?
It will help me if I can use winof's core stack.

Regards
Deepak