[ofw] RE: [ofa-general] PATCH[2/6] Windows port of libibmad - dump.c

Hal Rosenstock hal.rosenstock at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 10:26:31 PST 2008

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 9:55 PM, Davis, Arlin R <arlin.r.davis at intel.com> wrote:

>>> dump.c, rpc.c, and serv.c call it.
>>>
>>> It looks like it was a call implemented by libibcommon, and
>>I think Arlin's
>>> patches remove libibcommon from being used by libibmad or the diags.
>>>

>>Did he reimplement IBWARN, IBPANIC, and all the sys_read_*
>>functions?  I think
>>those come from ibcommon and are used by the diags.
>
> Yes, I did reimplement IBWARN and IBPANIC but the sys_read_* was
> not used by anything in libibmad or infiniband_diags

You mean directly, right ?

> so I am holding off on that. If we just need gid or guid

It's used for much more than just getting the port guid.

> I would rather just pick that up with verbs for portability.

In Linux, management does not (currently) require verbs but that was a
design and history choice. Much of it was done prior to verbs and
there have been discussions on and off over time about using verbs but
that bridge was never crossed.

I think that most of the information needed is available by verbs.

There is also some automatic port selection when user doesn't specify this.

This is all off the top of my head. I'd need to review things again to
see what else is done.

-- Hal