[IBAL]path records pkey issue. was: [ofw] what's up with the OFAWindows project?

Todd Rimmer todd.rimmer at qlogic.com
Thu Feb 14 08:22:59 PST 2008

I agree with Alex's comments above.  It should be up to the SM to return
only valid paths in the preferred order of use, the initiator should be
able to simply use the 1st path provided (additional paths if
redundancy, etc is used).

It's a bad idea to assume there is a default partition and that all
hosts and IOCs are part of it.  Such a configuration would totally
defeat the purpose of Partitions and prevent isolation access to
specific IOCs for selected hosts.

Todd Rimmer
Chief Architect
QLogic System Interconnect Group
Voice: 610-233-4852     Fax: 610-233-4777
Todd.Rimmer at QLogic.com  www.QLogic.com