[ofw] winof vs winib: difference?

Tzachi Dar tzachid at mellanox.co.il
Mon Feb 25 06:52:01 PST 2008

WinIB and WinOf should be the same source code compiled within two
different places.

The only differences that exists are:
1) Branding names.
2) Although we try to have the same code in both places, there are
sometimes small differences between the two. Usually this differences
don't last, but they might happen on a certain time.
3) WinIB contains two more ULPs: SDP and an NDI provider.

Both WinIB and WinOf should be good for you. If you don't intend to use
SDP or NDI, than you should probably use WinOf since a newer version is
publicly available.