[ofw] evolution of the WinOF software

Gilad Shainer Shainer at Mellanox.com
Wed Jan 16 12:16:46 PST 2008

Sean,

I believe that the best way is to discuss this topic in the next working
group meeting. There main goal should be to provide the best solution
for Windows environment and not the simplified porting between Linux and
Windows. There are ULPs specific for Windows that does not exist in
Linux and vice versa(WSD, SDP). Lets discuss in the next working group
meeting.

Gilad.

-----Original Message-----
From: ofw-bounces at lists.openfabrics.org
[mailto:ofw-bounces at lists.openfabrics.org] On Behalf Of Sean Hefty
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 12:09 PM
To: ofw at lists.openfabrics.org
Subject: [ofw] evolution of the WinOF software

After looking over the Windows OFA software and holding discussions with
a couple of developers, I would like to start a discussion regarding the
future direction of the WinOF stack.  I tried to capture some ideas on
this in the attached presentation that Stan and I put together.  I can
present this at one of the window working group meetings if desired.

The basic idea is one that's been put forward a couple of times before,
which is to optimize the interfaces for Windows.  Given the current
direction that the Windows stack is evolving to support MS-MPI through
their Network Direct Interface, I believe that this is doable in a way
that will not disrupt the entire software stack.

Thoughts anyone?