[ofw] access to svn repository

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Thu Jan 17 17:05:10 PST 2008

Is there any reason why we cannot or should not move the Windows repository to
the openfabrics.org at this point?

I will even go as far as to suggest switching the repository from SVN to git.
This would place all of the OpenFabrics code into the same source control
management tool, expose the Windows work through the git-web pages, and allow
developers to manage their own source trees.  And, IMO, git is easier to use
when dealing with multiple development trees and branches.

I can't think of any reason why the userspace apps like openSM and the
diagnostics tools can't be branches in the same git repository, especially given
that complib provides OS portability.  But even if separate trees were
maintained, migrating fixes and new features between Windows and Linux would be
easier.

Native git support is available on Windows, and if you use cygwin, you can pick
up quilt and stgit as well.