[ofw] access to svn repository

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Thu Jan 17 23:27:26 PST 2008

>The reason whey the repository is located in a different place is
>historical. The host of the Linux repository did not want to host
>Windows back then and CTC were generous and provided us a place for
>Windows development. We can re-consider the decision if the host of the
>Linux repository have change his mind but so far things are running
>great.

I'm aware of the history.  OpenFabrics is now paying for web space and support.

The bottom line is that the Windows code *should* be on the OpenFabric's
corporate server.  The SVN repository is inaccessible to a lot of users trying
to get through a firewall.

>The SNV versus git is a decision to be made by the maintainers of the
>code. The workgroup chairs can ask the maintainers if there is a need or
>a reason to change the current SVN to git or not, and this should drove
>the decision.

I disagree.  All contributors or anyone else wanting access to the source code
are affected.  I mentioned several advantages for moving to git.

Personally, I fully plan on importing the Windows code into a git repository so
that I can better manage the code changes, post it on the OFA server, and
simplify the maintenance utilities shared between Windows and Linux.