[ofw] error trying to install Windows stack

Fab Tillier ftillier at windows.microsoft.com
Tue Jan 22 09:15:29 PST 2008

You could change the INF to only install the release bits.  The kernel drivers are generally all release bits, and both debug and release user-mode DLLs are installed so that a mix of apps (debug and release) can be run simultaneously.  The model could be changed so that the SDK installs the debug DLLs to support app development and the INF installs just the release bits.

The DLLs are there to provider kernel bypass functionality (mthcau.dll) and user-mode support (ibal.dll and complib.dll).  It comes down to whether you want to install the kernel bits only with the INF and then require a different installation mechanism for the user-mode bits, or whether you install everything from the INF.

-Fab