[ofw] Functions exporting from driver module

Deepak Gupta deepak at gslab.com
Wed Jan 23 01:11:29 PST 2008

Hi All,

I have the following doubt

Why do we use two step mehanism for interacting HCA driver with IBBUS.SYS.

Mechanism Used
    First we look for the GUID_IB_CI_INTERFACE's (created by IBBUS) arrival in HCA driver
    Then we get the ib_register_ca ,ib_deregister_ca and other function pointer via IRP_MN_QUERY_INTERFACE on ibbus.
    Then we regiser HCA driver to the core(ibbus) providing funtion pointer to the verbs implementation

    Above interaction could have achieved in just one step if IBBUS.SYS would have exported ib_register_ca ,ib_bus_deregister_ca.

Or Mechanism used satisfy some other requirements also which I am not able to decipher.

Cheers
Deepak