[ofw] Developer's Workshop at SC'08

Smith, Stan stan.smith at intel.com
Wed Jul 9 14:24:15 PDT 2008

Woodruff, Robert J wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I have been asked by the OpenFabrics marketing working group to gauge
> the possible interest in having a developer workshop during the
> week of SC'08 in Austin. There are already plans to have BOFs at SC'08
> to provide customers with updates on the upcoming releases, i.e, OFED
> 1.4
> and WinOF 2.0.
>
> The question is, do you think we need a developers workshop that week
> as well
> to perhaps plan future work, OFED 1.5, WinOF 2.1 etc. or do you think
> a face-to-face meeting is not needed this fall and wait till next
> spring at Sonoma
> for the next face-to-face.
>
> Thoughts ?

For the Windows Working Group, our bi-weekly teleconferences, and soon
to be weekly RC meetings have the communications flowing reasonable
well. We are still catching up to Linux w.r.t. functionality. A
developers workshop the week of SC'08 would not be a high priority,
although others may see benefits.

Stan.