[ofw] DAPL checkins for BSD license update

Smith, Stan stan.smith at intel.com
Tue Jul 15 12:51:02 PDT 2008

Fab Tillier wrote:
> Hi Stan,
>
> If I make changes to DAPL (under the BSD) and submit a patch, I'll
> have to remove all but the BSD license from the affected files.  Is
> that acceptable?  Wouldn't that effectively prevent merging back into
> the DAPL reference project?

Why would you need to remove/alter the license statement? The
assumption, by virtue of the contributors agreement, is the code is
committed to the Windows OpenFabrics svn repository under the BSD
license. Therefore, to modify it you would not need to change any
license text.
Same situation as when you modify code that has Linux GPL words in the
license header; ib_mad.h.

And yes, it would be a pain in the backside to merge upstream with
Arlin/OFED/DAT consortium if you were to remove license text; please
refrain and/or consult with me/Arlin.

Why is this topic such a burr under your saddle these days?

BTW, what's up with your mailer, I keep getting unable to deliver
notifications after 4 hours?

Stan.