[ofw] RE: IPoIB partitioning support potential bug?

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Mon Jun 2 10:57:07 PDT 2008

>Ok, so does this mean that the pkey value was returned by the HCA driver in
>host-order?  If so, this is a bug in the HCA driver.

I agree with Fab here.  Looking at the code, it looks wrong.

>From __port_create_bcast() and __port_get_bcast():

	mcast_req.member_rec.mgid.raw[4] = (uint8_t)
		p_port->p_adapter->guids.port_guid.pkey;
	mcast_req.member_rec.mgid.raw[5] = (uint8_t)
		(p_port->p_adapter->guids.port_guid.pkey >> 8);
	mcast_req.member_rec.pkey =
		p_port->p_adapter->guids.port_guid.pkey;

The pkay is swapped in one case, but not the other.

The pkey in the mcmember record is correct, but the created mgid is wrong.  The
pkey for the group itself is correct, so I don't think the switches or SM would
detect the problem.  But the mgid won't be the same.  Has anyone tried to use
this support mixing windows and linux?  I'm guessing that's when we would see
the problem.