[ofw] Re: [ofa-general] Issues with _osm_lin_fwd_tbl

Hal Rosenstock hrosenstock at xsigo.com
Thu Jun 12 03:17:09 PDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-06-12 at 13:00 +0300, Sasha Khapyorsky wrote:
> On 16:51 Wed 11 Jun     , Vincent Ficet wrote:
> >
> > Also, could anyone explain why the osm_lin_fwd_tbl_t is declared as
> > follows:
> >
> > typedef struct _osm_lin_fwd_tbl {
> >    uint16_t size;
> >    uint8_t port_tbl[1];
> > } osm_lin_fwd_tbl_t;
>
> AFAIR the reason is a poor windows compiler which doesn't support
> array[0] like definitions in structures.

Yes, I too recall something being said along those lines quite a while
ago.

Is this accurate ? If so, is this still a restriction of the Windows
compilers in use (as I think the build environment and perhaps the
compilers have changed quite a bit since then) ? Can someone
knowledgeable in Windows comment on this ?

-- Hal