[ofw] weird build issue

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Wed Mar 5 00:25:50 PST 2008

Does anyone have any ideas why the following code may not build in 32-bit mode,
but does in 64-bit mode?

ib_al_handle_t hal;

ib_open_al(&hal);

I see code in several places in the winof tree where this sort of code builds
fine.  And I can get it to build if I add it to a test program, but it fails
when I try to build it as part of the winverbs dll.

The actual error is:

core\winverbs\user\wv_provider.cpp(73) : error C2220: warning treated as error -
no object file generated
core\winverbs\user\wv_provider.cpp(73) : error C4244: 'argument' : conversion
from 'ib_al_handle_t * ' to 'ib_al_handle_t *const  ', possible loss of data

Lowering the warning level to 2 allows the build to continue, but I'd really
like to understand exactly what the warning is warning against...