[ofw] Identifying correct firmware

Jeremy Enos jenos at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Thu Mar 6 15:26:01 PST 2008

Hi-
I'm going to be deploying Windows2008 on a cluster of Dell 1955 blades,
each with daughter card form factor IB adapters.  I'm told I need to
have an updated firmware for this to work, but I'm having a great deal
of trouble gaining confidence into what firmware to download from the
Mellanox site, and I'm getting somewhat desperate.  From the Linux side,
this is all the information I can query about the HCA:

/[root at abe0897 ~]# ibv_devinfo
hca_id: mthca0
        fw_ver:                         4.7.600
        node_guid:                      0005:ad00:000b:3f12
        sys_image_guid:                 0005:ad00:0100:d050
        vendor_id:                      0x05ad
        vendor_part_id:                 25208
        hw_ver:                         0xA0
        board_id:                       HCA.DLGL.A0
        phys_port_cnt:                  2
                port:   1
                        state:                  PORT_ACTIVE (4)
                        max_mtu:                2048 (4)
                        active_mtu:             2048 (4)
                        sm_lid:                 4
                        port_lid:               612
                        port_lmc:               0x00

                port:   2
                        state:                  PORT_DOWN (1)
                        max_mtu:                2048 (4)
                        active_mtu:             512 (2)
                        sm_lid:                 0
                        port_lid:               0
                        port_lmc:               0x00

root at abe0897 ~]# tvflash -i
HCA #0: MT25208 Tavor Compat, DLGL, revision A0
  Primary image is v4.7.600 build 3.2.0.118, with label 'HCA.DLGL.A0'
  Secondary image is v4.6.000 build 3.0.0.160, with label 'HCA.DLGL.A0'

  Vital Product Data
    Product Name: DLGL
    P/N: 99-00063-04
    E/C: Rev: A1
    S/N: 6AN0101
    Freq/Power: PW=10W;PCIe 8X
    Date Code: 4306
    Checksum: Ok
[root at abe0897 ~]# lspci |grep -i mell
0a:00.0 InfiniBand: Mellanox Technologies MT25208 InfiniHost III Ex
(Tavor compatibility mode) (rev a0)
[root at nodeXXXX ~]#
/
I'm aware that I should probably be going through my vendor to get an
answer here, but circumstances have put the odds against me with that
route.  Can anyone tell me the proper updated firmware I should be
downloading?  I think "DLGL" is a Cisco rebranded version of some other
firmware, but I don't know which... (or what changes it might have
within it).  Cisco's website offers me absolutely zero insight here.
thx-

    Jeremy