[ofw] typical values for ci_umv_buf_t

Fab Tillier ftillier at windows.microsoft.com
Tue Mar 18 10:21:14 PDT 2008

There would need to be a way for the UVP to figure out which device to open a file handle on, a mechanism that today does not exist.  If it opens a new file on the IBAL device, it needs to also associate it with the existing open context, again something that's internal to IBAL.

You'll need to give the UVP one of IBAL's file handles (whether an existing or a new one doesn't matter - there's already mechanisms inside IBAL to handle multiple files per application context).  Maybe put this as an input to the pre-open-ca call?

This does lay the foundation for having the HCA driver manage its own IOCTLs, though allows IBAL to own the logic of where the file object should be created which I think you want.

-Fab