[ofw] ConnectX driver code

Smith, Stan stan.smith at intel.com
Tue Mar 25 10:45:44 PDT 2008

Leonid Keller wrote:
>  A college of mine, AlexN is doing this work now.
> (I mean - the transition to WDK).
> He makes changes so as to keep the stack still buildable in DDK
> environment.

I was told ConnectX would not build in the DDK environment which was why
the entire
build in WDK adventure was started.

Why do we care about building the ConnectX\ branch in the DDK
environment?
MS has moved forward, we should also.

> I believe, any changes wrt transition to WDK, made in this branch,
> will help him to finish his work faster and we all will benefit from
> that. I would suggest you and all to publish the patches before
> committing, especially those, that are not suitable for DDK.
> There are several WDKs in use now, each with its new bugs.

Which version of WDK should we be using?

Publishing patches for review 'should' be standard operating procedure.

> It will take some time till we get assured that the WDK-built stack is
> stable and workable.
> So I see as worthy to keep the stack also DDK-buildable till then.

Why waste time making things buildable in the DDK when those changes
will just
 become extra baggage in the near future when we 'fully' transition to
WDK?
Building in the DDK is desirable, although not a requirement IMHO.

Stan.